We were invited through our good partner Metal Toad to virtually present at at the recent Hollywood Professional Association ( HPA) Tech Retreat. One goal of the HPA event was to educate and engage the M&E audience with a deeper and more personal understanding of the AWS media ecosystem and the three key workloads: content creation, media supply chain, and content distribution. A full length video is available as part of the blog post.
EZDRM and our co-presenters in the AWS space, Venera Technologies, and Vidispine, focused on a discussion of the 'Media Supply Chain' phase of the AWS Media Workload. moderated by Tony Rost, CTO of Metal Toad. A full video of the panel is presented below.
About the content
- The round table format offers a rich range of viewpoints into how the cloud has changed and enhanced the media workflow landscape. This includes appreciation of the technical changes, but also the richer creative options and more cost-effective scaling that many vendors have been able to offer.
- The discussion includes both a historical perspective and some crystal ball gazing about what may be round the corner.
- The content leaves no doubt about the significance of the shifts we are seeing -- across the board - in the media technology landscape.
About the HPA event
- The HPA Tech Retreat is a well-attended event held annually, “bringing together a world-class roster of well-known and emerging leaders in engineering, technology, creativity and business to discuss the most compelling topics facing the media and entertainment landscape today.”
- Over 110 proposals for submissions for the 2021 event were received, (exceeding the usual response for proposals).
- The hosted presentations were distributed online in March as part of the retreat.
- AWS and Metal Toad are sharing the material as a part of the post event promotion.